Samson Q2U Handheld Dynamic USB Microphone Recording and Podcasting Pack
- VERSATILE: For podcasting, miking vocals, instruments, amplifiers and music recording.
- COMPATIBLE: Connect directly or via USB, XLR and Host OTG cables. Compatible with Android and iOS devices.
- CONVENIENT: High-quality audio with minimal setup, a 3.5mm headphone output for monitoring the recording and computer audio
- QUALITY RECORDING: Cardioid polar pattern picks up sound from in front of the mic, while minimizing ambient noise
- ACCESSORIES: Comes with a mic clip, desktop tripod stand with extension piece, windscreen, XLR cable and USB cable
Samson Q2U Handheld Dynamic USB Microphone Description
Samson’s Q2U combines the convenience of digital and analog audio capture into one dynamic microphone. With XLR and USB outputs, the Q2U is the first choice for home, studio and mobile recording, as well as stage performance. It comes with a mic clip, desktop tripod stand with an extension piece, windscreen, XLR cable and USB cable… A package with everything you need to start recording right out of the box.
Overall, the Q2U provides significantly improved audio over a headset or your computer’s internal microphone. The Q2U can be connected directly to your computer or mobile device via USB, or plugged directly into a mixer or audio interface with an XLR cable. You can also utilize both connections simultaneously for recording a live event or performance. The Q2U works with iPhones and iPads via Apple’s Lightning to USB Camera Adapter or Android devices via a Host OTG cable.
If you’re looking to start a new podcast, the Q2U is the best choice for creating a production studio on a budget. Whether you’re recording a solo broadcast on your laptop or multi-person interviews through a mixing desk, the Q2U delivers high-quality audio effortlessly with minimal setup. It even has a 1/8″ (3.5mm) headphone output to monitor the audio you’re capturing, as well as the audio from your computer.
A Stud in the Studio
The Q2U is a great mic for home/studio recording. Its dynamic capsule is great for miking vocals, instruments and amplifiers. Onboard, high-quality analog-to-digital converters provide excellent audio reproduction. The Q2U’s cardioid (unidirectional) polar pattern picks up sound from in front of the mic, while rejecting unwanted sound from the rear and sides. This minimizes the amount of ambient/room noise that is captured on your recordings.
- USB/XLR handheld dynamic microphone
- Ideal for podcasting, live sound and music recording applications
- USB output for connecting to any Mac or PC device
- XLR output for connecting to any mixer/PA system
- On/Off switch controls both USB and XLR audio output
- 1/8″ stereo headphone output with level control for zero-latency monitoring
- Dual-color Power/Clip LED
- Plug-and-play, no driver installation required
- Compatible with most computer-based digital audio workstation software
- USB bus powered via Mac, PC or iPad
- Solid, die-cast construction with heavy gauge mesh grille
- Includes mic clip, tripod stand, tripod stand extension, foam windscreen, USB cable (2.25m) and XLR cable (3m)
- Samson Sound Deck Noise Cancellation Software (Mac OS X/Windows) available for purchase
Samson Q2U Microphone Specifications
- Element Type: Dynamic
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid (unidirectional)
- Frequency Reponse: 50Hz–15kHz
- Sensitivity: -54dBV/Pa
- Max. SPL: 148dB SPL
- Bit Depth: Up to 16-bit
- Sample Rate: 44.1kHz/48kHz
- Digital Output: Mini USB
- Analog Output: XLR
- Headphone Output: 1/8″ (3.5mm)
- Microphone Switch: On/Off (USB and XLR audio output)
- Product Dimensions: 7.5″ (190mm) x 2.2″ (55mm) diameter
- Product Weight: 0.7lb (0.32kg)