The original simple dish for true gourmets.
If you wake up to the song “I Love Macaroni,” eat gnocchi for breakfast, farfalle for lunch and spaghetti for dinner, maybe it’s time to try another type of spaghetti: spaghetti squash.
Spaghetti squash is a yellow-orange vegetable that is sung in early autumn and grows mainly in the United States. In fact, this is a pumpkin, but a little paler than the one we are used to. In fact, instead of squash pumpkin, which is quite difficult to get from us, you can use a regular pumpkin or zucchini. This will not greatly affect the taste, although the “pasta effect” cannot be achieved.
Why spaghetti? But because the “inside” of the pumpkin is crushed to the consistency of spaghetti, and the color of a classic squash pumpkin is very similar to the color of ordinary pasta.
Cooking time – about 60 minutes (including baking: about 40 minutes).
So, for cooking we need:
- 1 squash;
- 2-4 tablespoons of olive oil;
- Some garlic;
- Bell pepper or tomato;
- 150 grams of meat balyk;
- Pasta sauce: it can be purchased and ketchup and sauce
- according to your personal recipe, the main thing is that it
- goes well with pasta;
- Cheese (your favorite);
- Salt, pepper, sugar;
- Set the oven to warm up to 180 ° C;
- Cut the pumpkins lengthwise into two parts. Get the seeds.
- You can use a special spoon for vegetables (yes, there is such a vessel!);
- Pumpkin fields with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Absolute accuracy is not important here; it is better not to add salt and just do it after cooking;
- Put the pumpkin on a baking sheet, pre-spreading parchment paper so that it does not stick. Lay it flat on the pan. In the oven, it should be baked for 35-45 minutes, readiness can be checked by piercing it with a fork. The pumpkin should be soft;
- At this time, fry the onion, pepper or tomato, meat in a frying pan, squeeze a little garlic and add ketchup at the end of the frying. The ingredients are determined by taste, and the cooking time by smell 🙂
- Take the finished pumpkin out of the oven and scrape the pulp with a fork. After that, you will understand why this pumpkin is called “spaghetti squash”: its fiber filling really resembles spaghetti. You can eat directly from the pumpkin itself, if you want 🙂 If you have a regular pumpkin, you will still like the dish!
- Add the frying and feta cheese to the pulp of the pumpkin, add spices to taste. Put it in a beautiful dish (you can buy it here). Your dish is ready!