DJ Controller Hercules DJControl Inpulse 500
- 2-deck USB DJ controller with built-in audio interface and hardware input mixer for audio inputs.
- 16 backlit RGB pads, vinyl function, Loop In/Loop Out buttons.
- Smooth, original transitions between tracks thanks to the Filter/FX area. Large jog wheels with touch detection for scratching.
- Designed with retractable/extendable feet, to lift up the controller: keep it safe from spilled drinks!
- Built-in hardware input mixer: you can even add a filter effect onto an external audio source (smartphone, media player.), and connect your microphone.
Hercules DJControl Inpulse 500 that will get you where you want to go!
Specially designed to help you get started DJing, refine your skills and perform live, DJControl Inpulse 500 is a great companion for all your needs:
- Full-featured: DJControl Inpulse 500 has all the features, modes and connectors you need to mix in front of an audience.
- Precise: high-definition resolution on the jog wheels, with easy-to-use ring. The controller’s audio interface features cutting-edge VELVET SOUND AKM digital signal processing technology on inputs & outputs.
- Solidly built: sturdy metal backing plate on the mixer, rubber RGB pads, non-slip retractable feet, and more.
- Accessible: mixing is easy, thanks to the controller’s helpful light guides. They keep you on track when you’re mixing in public.
2 DJ programs included: Serato DJ Lite and DJUCED
- Interactive help (Beatmatch guides) and video tutorials
- Intelligent Music Assistant (IMA) in DJUCED / Autoplay in Serato
SMOOTH, ORIGINAL TRANSITIONS
The Filter/FX area lets you customize your set with the effects available in Serato DJ and DJUCED. You can even combine the action of the filter on an effect in DJUCED!
MIX A BACKUP EXTERNAL SOURCE
Hardware Input Mixer: the AUX FILTER knob lets you add a filter effect onto an external audio source (smartphone, media player, wireless microphone receiver…) — independently of the software! (Inputs: 1/8” / 3.5 mm stereo mini-jack or 2 x RCA)
SOLID RETRACTABLE FEET
DJControl Inpulse 500 is 3.1” / 8 cm tall with its feet extended. Elevate your mixing: run wires underneath, andprotect the controller from spilled drinks. The base is backlit when the feet are extended (i.e. folded out).
GET SET UP QUICKLY
Powered via USB, DJControl Inpulse 500 has the master outputs you need to connect your speakers (2 x 1/4” / 6.35 mm jack + 2 x RCA), plus two headphones connectors (1/8” / 3.5 mm stereo mini-jack + 1/4” / 6.35 mm stereo jack).
SYNC YOUR TRACKS MANUALLY
It’s easy to manually mix one track into another with the BEATMATCH GUIDE light guides, which are supported by both DJUCED and Serato DJ Lite.
CONNECT YOUR MICROPHONE — EVEN WITHOUT SOFTWARE!
Connect your microphone to the balanced input, anduse the High EQ knob and Low EQ knob to adjust your voice so that you can be heard clearly wherever you’re performing.
The Intelligent Music Assistant (IMA) in DJUCED suggests well-suited upcoming tracks to be played from your music library, and in Beatport LINK as well (Beatport subscription required).
Enable the Assistant to launch Autoplay in Serato DJ Lite.
ADJUST YOUR CROSSFADER
Easily adjust the amplitude of the crossfader according to your style of music. Use the curve switch to change the crossfader curve directly on the controller (mix, scratch or off)!
Hercules DJControl Inpulse 500 technical specifications
- Built-in audio interface
- Built-in Velvet Sound DSP from AKM: processing audio inputs and outputs
- Master output (speakers): 2 x 1/4” / 6.35 mm jack + 2 x RCA
- Headphones output: 1/8” / 3.5 mm stereo mini-jack + 1/4” / 6.35 mm stereo jack
- Auxiliary input: 2 x RCA + 1/8” / 3.5 mm stereo mini-jack
- Microphone input: balanced 1/4” / 6.35 mm jack
- Audio resolution: 44.1 kHz / 24-bit
Control per deck:
- Play, Cue, Shift, Sync
- 2 x 8 soft pads with RGB backlighting
- 8 pads x 8 modes (hot cue, loop, slicer ….)
- jog wheels with touch detection (diameter of jog wheels: 5.5” )
- Loop: In / Out + loop encoder
- Modes: Vinyl, (+ Slip and Quantize in DJUCED and in Serato DJ Pro)
- Beatmatch guide
Controls On Mixer General:
- 1 crossfader with curve adjustment
- Master volume knob, headphones volume knob and Cue/Mix knob
- Microphone volume knob with High EQ knob and Low EQ knob
- Auxiliary volume knob and filter knob
- 2 VU-meters + Master VU meter
- Filter/effects rack with 4 effects buttons and 2 filter knobs
Controls On Mixer Per deck:
- 1 filter knob
- 3 EQ knobs
- 1 gain knob
- 1 volume fader
- 1 VU meter
- Music library controls: Rotary encoder + 2 Load buttons +
- Assistant button
- Tempo guide: light guide alongside each tempo fader
- Beat Align guide: light guide underneath each jog wheel
IMA (Intelligent Music Assistant)
- The Assistant in DJUCED suggests well-suited upcoming tracks to be played from your music library, and in Beatport LINK and Beatsource LINK as well. Enable the Assistant to launch Autoplay in Serato DJ Lite.
- The Energy feature in DJUCED helps you select tracks according to the energy level for your party
Hercules DJControl Inpulse 500 customer reviews
(5.0 out of 5 stars)
Pro Quality DJ Unit. I’ve always wanted to experiment with mixing music – it’s a lot of fun at parties and let’s face it – who doesn’t envy Pauli D? I I decided to order this unit and am very pleased with the features and quality!
What I Like:
Top of the line – this is the top series of the Hercules line of DJ controllers with more features and value than the 200 or 300.
Comes with both DJUCED ( also provided for the 200 & 300 AND Serato DJ Lite Software. In essence, you connect your PC or MAC to the DJ Controller and your controller to the sound system input that you are using. Mixing has come a long way from crates of vinyl and multiple turntables and large mixing panels. Just your laptop, this portable board and a small PA speaker and you have a party!
Unit is very well made – it has weight and a solid fell to the unit. it has dual 5″ jog wheels for scratching, a 3-band EQ, Filter, a Gain Master volume, headphones volume, a VU-meter for each deck, a master VU-meter, as well as headphones source selection (deck 1, deck 2, master, cue-to-mix). The 2×8 soft pads have really cool RGB lighting as well – makes the board glow nicely in a dark room. There are also 4 effect buttons in the center of the mixer, that are linked to the filter knobs.
Honestly there are many features that I will likely never use but that I imagine a professional DJ would really appreciate!
Software setup was easy as well as making the connections. I was mixing in no time!
I look forward to having fun with this unit – if you are a professional then I’m sure you will appreciate the quality and multiple features offered as well.
(5.0 out of 5 stars)
Eurovision here I come! I just got done watching Eurovision, which featured Netta, who is well known for using a looper, and felt inspired to pick up this dj controller and give this bad boy a try.
I played with some DJ software about 10 years ago and have a music background, so I figured I would be able to pick it up over time. Thanks to the many tutorials online, I have had a blast slowly but surely learning to use the DJ controller.
The build of the DJ controller is really nice. It has a metal face plate instead of plastic, which is nice for this price level. The dials, button, crossfader, and jog wheels are all very receptive and turn smoothly. The LED lights are bright and colorful. I like the lights that shine underneath the controller, which give it a cool glow emitting from below the controller. There are a variety of modern inputs and outputs, so you probably don’t need to worry about having the right connections.
I was pretty lost after downloading the software but I found a few tutorials online which made the basics easy to understand. There is still a lot I don’t understand yet, but practice makes perfect, and I plan to keep up with it. The best feature for me is the “beat match” which will indicate if your beats are off when blending songs. If you want more features, you will need to upgrade to a more premium software but as this is intended for beginners, it good to focus on the basics first before moving on.
Overall, I have really enjoyed using this so far. My intention is to make my own music, rather than using this to perform as a DJ. I’ll be sure to continue to update my reviews as I progress with any additional insights.
(5.0 out of 5 stars)
This is insanely professional. This is so amazing! My brother in law is a professional DJ and I showed him this DJ control and he’s been playing with it non stop. He said that it’s not only an amazing value but is one of his favorite things to play with when it comes to his music control. This is extremely intuitive from beginners to experts and has a vast array of mixing panels and quality effects. Love having this, the price is amazing! Highly recommend to anyone needing a DJ mixer!